Eyes and Texture



 "Whether setting type or depicting a tree, the designer uses texture to establish a mood, reinforce a point of view, or convey a sense of physical presence." 




Texture is something that I’ve begun to explore a bit more recently in my digital art. Usually, my goal in doing so is to emulate traditional art mediums, be that of graphite, watercolor, or acrylic. While this effect can be achieved in part using specific brushes, there are usually other steps involved. While rendering these eyes, I took extra time at the end to go in with a texturing brush and add some texture and interest that way. In the past, I’ve overlaid an image to give the canvas a paper or canvas texture, as if I had been working with that base the entire time. In these ways, I’m able to invoke more traditional artwork and add interest to my pieces.


Comments

  1. I absolutely love these drawings and their color schemes. The drawings seem to be very smooth, yet still have a lot of texture and dimension to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror with a Memory

Framing