About

Hello! I guess the main things that you need to know about me are that my name is Eleanor and I enjoy making art. But that's not very interesting, is it? Let's see, I'm also a student at Lawrence University and I'm planning to major in religious studies. I love mythology and music and creating new things, and it would be really cool if I could study architecture in graduate school.

I suppose I’m using this blog to try to focus on improving my art and document that improvement. I’ve never really done so before, since most of the time I’m doing art on the side and for fun and such. But I would like to try and improve certain aspects of my work and my process and that won’t happen quickly without a concentrated effort from me. And so, this blog. I’m planning to have a focus each week about what I want to improve, and work on it through a series of sketches or more polished pieces. At the end of the term, I’m planning to redraw an artwork I made at the beginning as a way to document my improvement over the course of these 10 weeks.

An artwork that I made recently,
which I may redraw near the end of the term

The Social Photo makes a point to highlight the fact that “technique is only important insofar as you must master it in order to communicate what you see” (13). And while that point was brought up in conjunction with the fact that creating images now is very technically easy, I’m choosing to take it in a slightly different light. I would like to be able to better communicate what I see, and I need to improve my technique in order to do that. And that’s what I’m planning to do with this blog - focus on improving my art so that I’m able to convey more through it than I was able to previously.

Artwork by FlowerOfLaurelin
I really admire their artwork, and their style
is somewhat similar to what I want to eventually achieve


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes and Texture

Mirror with a Memory

Framing